Frere Jacques

Svetlana Grenier greniers at GEORGETOWN.EDU
Tue Feb 12 23:06:25 UTC 2002

I have heard this song (in two versions for the first line):

Diadia Iakov, Diadia Iakov OR:  Pop Martyn, Pop Martyn
Chto ty spish'?  Chto ty spish'?
Kolokol udaril, kolokol udaril:
Din-don-don, din-don-don

-- but I cannot point to any written source for it.

Svetlana Grenier
Georgetown U