jat' in Unicode (was Re: Jat' on-line?)

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at YT.CACHE.WASEDA.AC.JP
Wed Feb 20 01:01:36 UTC 2002

Dr Hawkins wrote
>If you have Windows 2000 or later (maybe NT too -- I can't remember),
>everything's based on Unicode, so you should have this letter without
>needing any special fonts.
No. On most non-international setup, e.g. US version of Windows2000 Pro,
you cannot read Korean. And jat' is a rarity (neither Times New Roman nor
Garamond has one). It is one thing that unicode registers a particular
character and quite another that it can be found on your unicode font.

Cheers,
Tsuji