language aids

Emily Tall mllemily at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Wed Jan 16 17:14:52 UTC 2002

Dear colleagues:
    A colleague of mine has been invited to participate in a
Russian-French expedition in the Arctic. He would like to learn some
conversational Russian. Do any of you have any recommendations for
self-study aids on the net or CD-Rom? I have seen various things
advertised in the AATSEEL Newsletter and the Russian Life (Vermont)
catalog. Do any of you know anyone who has actually used these things?
My colleague doesn't know any Russian at all, but he has access to all
kinds of media and computers.
    Thanks a lot, Emily Tall