SEELANGS Digest - 22 Jan 2002 to 23 Jan 2002 (#2002-20)

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at YT.CACHE.WASEDA.AC.JP
Fri Jan 25 07:57:25 UTC 2002

Dear colleagues,
>        I find it unfortunate that Dr. Yoshimasa Tsuji felt obliged to
>characterize Professor Frank Gladney's comment on the pronunciation of
><italic>igr</italic> as "preposterous". Professor Gladney has been
 I never pointed out that Professors comments on the pronunciation
of "igr" had any mistakes in the content. All he states is correct,
as far as my experience is concerned. It is the spelling-to-pronuciation
vector that I characterized as "preposterous"(funny in the sense the direction
should be the opposite).

with best wishes,
Tsuji