SEELANGS Digest - 22 Jan 2002 to 23 Jan 2002 (#2002-20)

Adassovsky Georges gadassov at IFRANCE.COM
Fri Jan 25 21:55:41 UTC 2002

Dean Worth wrote:

>Dear Colleagues,
>         Dear Colleagues,
>         I find it unfortunate that Dr. Yoshimasa Tsuji felt obliged
>to characterize Professor Frank Gladney's comment on the
>pronunciation of igr as "preposterous".

English native speakers often believe the whole world must master
English as perfectly as they do themselves. I am sure Dr Yoshimasa
didn't intend to offense, and his world "preposterous" may be some
translation from Japanese that doesn't bear the same meaning. Please,
remember this is an international list, and everybody does his best
in English (often his third language).
Georges