A grammar reference for heritage speakers?

Nicole Monnier MonnierN at MISSOURI.EDU
Sun Jan 27 22:20:56 UTC 2002

Dear Seelangers:

Can anyone recommend a grammar reference book for heritage speakers,
either one specifically designed for them, or one that might provide
particularly clear overviews of the "basics":a description of the
case system, 'imperfective' vs. 'perfective' verbs, etc.? I'm
teaching a third-year Russian course that introduces students to
literary texts, and I have two students who can speak and read but
have had little (or no) formal introduction to the study of Russian
language, and thus cannot identify, say, the instrumental case, even
if it were to sneak up and bite them on the nose.

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

--
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Dr. Nicole Monnier
Assistant Professor of Russian
German & Russian Studies
450 GCB University of Missouri