Deadline for March AAASS NewsNet

Donna Orwin dorwin at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Tue Jan 29 17:04:58 UTC 2002

Dear Ms. Bernard,

Please publish as much of the following announcement as you have room for.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Donna Orwin

Society.  You may purchase the present issue, and also subscribe to Issue XIV,
due to appear in December, 2002.  Annual dues are $50 for institutions, $35 for
faculty, $20 for emeriti, students, and independent scholars.  Please make
checks out to the Tolstoy Society and send to Professor Edwina Cruise,
Department of Russian, Mount Holyoke College, So. Hadley, MA 01075.  Back issues
are also available through Professor Cruise.  All funds are in US dollars.

TSJ is now accepting submissions for issue XIV.  For more information, you may
contact Professor Donna Orwin at the University of Toronto at
dorwin at chass.utoronto.ca, or visit our website at
http://www.utoronto.ca/tolstoy/.  Professor Orwin can also be reached by mail at
CREES.

Articles

Tolstoy and the S(h)karvan Case
   Peter Brock

Tolstoyan Nonaction: The Advantage of Doing Nothing
   Michael Denner

Tolstoy▓s Calculus of History
   Jeff Love

Which English Anna?
   Hugh McLean

Brooding Stiva: The Masterpiece Theatre Anna Karenina
   Gary Saul Morson

Rehabilitating Bakhtin▓s Tolstoy: The Politics of the Utterance
   David Sloane

>From The History of Tolstoy Criticism

⌠Leo Tolstoy and Culture■ by Andrei Bely (Boris Nikolaevich Bugaev).
Published 1912 in the collection of articles On Leo Tolstoy▓s Religion [O
religiiTolstogo]   Translated and annotated by Michael Denner, Introduction by
Tim Langen

The Poet▓s Corner

Tolstoy in South Jersey
   Stephen Dunn

A. D. Gorden: ⌠Tolstoy in Palestine■
   Steven P. Schneider

The Library at Iasnaia Poliana

Describing Tolstoy▓s Private Library: English Books at Iasnaia Poliana
   Galina Alexeeva

The Annotated Bibliography of the Library at Iasnaia Poliana
   C. J. G. Turner

Tolstoy Scholarship in Russia and Abroad

Recent Publications and Annotated Bibliography for 2000-2001
   Paul Haddock

Supplement to the Annotated Bibliography for 1988-1994
   Mark Conliffe

Reviews

Anna Karenina on Page & Screen, Studies in Slavic Cultures II, Edited by Helena
Goscilo and Petre Petrov (Justin Weir)

Lev Tolstoi. Voina i mir in the Zakharov Edition (Edwina Cruise)

Ivan Bunin. The Liberation of Tolstoy. A Tale of Two Writers. Edited. and
translated by  Thomas Gaiton Marullo and Vladimir D. Khmelkov (Edward Wasiolek)

Life in a Penal Battalion of the Imperial Russian Army: the Tolstoyan N.T.
Iziumchenko▓s Story.  Edited by Peter Brock and John L. Keep, translated by J.
Keep (Andrew Donskov)

News from the Profession

Conference in St. Petersburg
   Elvira Osipova