Computer question: Eudora and Russian?

Steve Marder asred at COMCAST.NET
Mon Jul 15 00:57:36 UTC 2002

Paul,

> It seems that at the moment, Eudora is much too clumsy in this respect
> to be useful to someone using Cyrillic on a regular basis.

Have you considered experimenting with "Microsoft Entourage"? I just sent a
message to myself in Cyrillic using "Entourage" and it came through in
Cyrillic just fine. (The same message forwarded to "Outlook Express" and
"Eudora" was, not surprisingly, Cyrillicless.) The only setting I changed in
"Entourage" to enable composing, sending, and receiving in Cyrillic was
under "General Preferences"/"Fonts"/"Default fonts for language," which I
changed to "Cyrillic." Note: I use a Macintosh under OS X.

Steve