transliteration of Russian (and other languages written in Cyrill ic) in languages other than English

Kjetil Rå Hauge K.R.Hauge at EAST.UIO.NO
Thu Jul 18 09:46:17 UTC 2002

>If anyone knows where I can find the various transliteration systems in
>print or online, please let me know. Also, any good sites just on
>transliteration practices, theory, problems, etc. would be welcome.
>
>I am also intersted in the common systems of transliteration ror
>representing foreign words in Russian/Cyrillic.

Slavists in the Nordic countries usually use the journal
Scando-Slavica's system for scholarly works. See its "Instructions to
Contributors" at <http://www.hf.uio.no/east/bulg/scsl/instr.html>.

"Common systems" for the Nordic languages are described in the booklet
Russiske navn : samnordiske staveregler, navneliste (Skrifter / Norsk
språknemnd; 5) [Oslo], 1970.

The Norwegian rules were adjusted in 1995:
<http://www.sprakrad.no/russisk.htm>
--
-- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo. Phone +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
-- (this msg sent from home, +47/67148424, fax +1/5084372444)