translation rights in Russia

Rebecca Gould Pacificmadrone1 at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 24 02:20:54 UTC 2002

I was wondering if anyone has had dealings with Vagrius publishers. I sent
them a letter in Feburary requesting permission to translate a few short
stories by one of their authors into English. I have yet to hear back from
them. I am new to the process of obtaining translation rights, but I am sure
any American publisher would have responded to me by now. Is there a
different procedure for getting translation rights in Russia than there is in
America?

I would be grateful to anyone who writes to me directly at rrg3 at nyu.edu.

Many thanks,
Rebecca Gould