Ukrainian folklore web site

Natalie O. Kononenko nkm at UNIX.MAIL.VIRGINIA.EDU
Sun Jun 16 21:25:13 UTC 2002

Dear Fellow list members,

        May I interest you in a new web
site that we have been working on?  It is far from complete and I will
keep adding materials as time and resources permit.  Still, I think that
the site as it stands has a great deal to offer.  The URL is:
http://cti.itc.virginia.edu/%7Enkm/  That takes the user directly to the
most recent version of the site.  The site can also be accessed from my
faculty page: http://faculty.virginia.edu/kononenko.  To access from my
faculty page, click on Ukrainian House and follow directions to the most
recent updates (or view older versions, if you like).  Right now the site
showcases material culture from Central Ukraine.  There is a digital model
of a real village house in the Cherkas'ka oblast' that can be viewed as a
360 degree panorama using QuickTime.  There are 3-D models of costumes
from the same region.  A rushnyk (ritual towel) unit will be coming soon,
probably in a month, and ritual units, on the wedding, baptism, funeral
should follow.

Any comments or suggestions about the site are most welcome.  These need
to go to me rather than to the list.  I am nkm at virginia.edu.

Natalie Kononenko