Displaying Cyrillic in OE and IE under Mac OS X

Eliot Borenstein eb7 at NYU.EDU
Thu Jun 27 17:01:40 UTC 2002

Eudora for OS X also seems to work with Cyrillic--I haven't composed
any messages on it, but I've been able to read messages sent to me.
Thiis is after I downloaded CyrilliX 1.0 from www.download.com (I
found it by searching for Cyrillix 1.0) and installed it. I tried
Mail for OS X and was very disappointed with it for other reasons:
navigating the mailbox menu is more frustrating than on Eudora (I
found I kept pointing to the wrong mailbox), and the conversion
function that was supposed to allow me to import all my old Eudora
messages to Mail did a terrible job.  Granted, there is a program
somewhere on Apple's OS X website that is supposed to convert the
messages perfectly, but by that point I came to the conclusion that
Mail is in no way superior to Eudora (at least, not yet).  There are
various OS X versions of Eudora available (one with rather
unobtrusive advertising, and one with no ads for some small fee), at:

http://www.eudora.com/products/eudora/updater1.html

Eliot Borenstein