SEELANGS Digest - 9 Mar 2002 to 10 Mar 2002 (#2002-62)

STEPHENBPEARL at CS.COM STEPHENBPEARL at CS.COM
Mon Mar 11 15:46:45 UTC 2002

'SQUARENOTE" ANYONE?

       Is there anyone out there who still uses the antiquated but addictive
"SQUARENOTE" programme - especially for entering notes in (Russian) Cyrillic?

       I would be grateful for help with the following problem[s].

       I have recently had to install "SQUARENOTE" in a new computer. The
first unpleasant surprise was to find that the latest versions of "Windows"
are too advancd to accommodate "SQUARENOTE" in DOS and the programme cannot
be run inside "Windows".

       I worked my way down from "Windows XP" to "Millenium" where with
expert help and to my great relief I was able to install "SQUARENOTE" in DOS.
Then came the second unpleasant surprise. Although the programme has no
problem with my non-Cyrillic material,  my (Russian) Cyrillic notes can only
be viewed in the form of the usual hieroglyphic gibberish and none of the
experts can tell me how to make the programme show the existing notes and/or
how to accept future notes in (Russian) Cyrillic. I have had no problem with
installing (Russian) Cyrillic for all the usual "Windows" functions.

       The two questions to which I would be grateful for answers - and even
more grateful if they could be couched in idiot-friendly language - are:

       1) Has anyone succeeded in installing "SQUARENOTE" in the higher
orders of "Windows" ["2000" or "XP"] and if so how?

       2) Has anyone succeeded in installing the (Russian) Cyrillic function
within the "SQUARENOTE" programme in "Millenium" or any post- "Windows 95"
version - and if so, how?  Thanks,  Stephen Pearl