student

Edil Legno peitlova at TISCALINET.IT
Fri Mar 15 17:38:40 UTC 2002

The question is very simple. If I am a student of Russian language and live in France (example) and decide to go for 6 months (na odin semestr)to study in Russia (at Moscow University) - so I go:
ja edu  na stazh v Moskvu - edu na stazhirovku.
It's not necessary to tell that I'm a student. In this case - stazher - vsem ponjatno,shto rech idet o studente.
For a rest - to study abroad  means : uchit'sja za rubezhom  ili  uchit'sja  za granitcej - if you are abroad for whole (period) of study .
------
In CV a doctor could write. Ja uchilsja v Moskovskom Universitete na medicinskom fakul'tete i posle okonchanja ucheby ja poechal na stazh v Ameriku. In this case - stazh means :to have some practice (but different from one I had already  in my country) or even to study.

Katarìna Peitlovà,Ph.Dr.