SC?, maybe Cz > En bibliography -- URGENT

Katerina P. King kpking at MTHOLYOKE.EDU
Fri Mar 29 20:01:14 UTC 2002

Yes pu*dni (with a krouz^ek) makes sense. Pu*da would be "earth, soil," so
some kind of creatures that live in the soil? Sorry, I am not biologist
(which I regret). Z^ivotni' prostr^edi' is "environment" (in a biological,
ecological sense).
All the best,
Katya

"Paul B. Gallagher" wrote:

> Katerina P. King wrote:
>
> > That is Czech, although I have to say I have no idea what "pundi" is.
> > Are you sure that's right????
>
> A private correspondent has suggested "pu'dni'," using "u'" for u with
> krouzhek.
>
> > The diacritics are as follows:
> > > G. Boha'c^. "Pundi' z^ivoc^ichove' jako bioindika'tory
> > > antrapogenni'ch zme^n prostr^edi'." Z^ivot. Prostr^ed., 1989...
>
> Cool! Now what's it mean?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
> --
> Paul B. Gallagher
> pbg translations, inc.
> "Russian Translations That Read Like Originals"
> http://pbg-translations.com

Katerina P. King, Ph.D.
Assistant Director For Fellowships and Scholarships
Career Development Center
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075-1456