Adding accents to Cyrillic text

David Chaika chaikad at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Nov 7 00:58:56 UTC 2002

I have a Russian-language text that I downloaded from the net. I want to put
an acute accent mark over the stressed letters for teaching purposes. Or
even mark them in bold, I'm not particular. I use Windows 2000/Word 2000.
The text is unicode, but I may want to print it in one of my cool cp1251
fonts, which don't have accented Cyrillic characters either.

My question is - how do y'all handle this? It is tedious to say the least to
go through the whole thing word by word, but that is doable (for a short
story of 20 pages, which I am working on) if I can convert the Russian
letter with a keystroke instead of fumbling around on the keyboard. Zaranee
bol'shoe spasibo!