Russian system for Mac?

Kjetil Rå Hauge K.R.Hauge at EAST.UIO.NO
Thu Nov 7 22:35:21 UTC 2002

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>Has anyone had any experience installing a second - Russian - operating
>system on a Mac so that one can just switch back and forth?  Any
>suggestions on how to go about it?  I am using OS 9.1 on a titanium
>powerbook.

A wild guess: running OS X with a Russian version of Classic (9.2) -
or the other way round? I really can't see why you should need it,
unless you are sharing the computer with a Russian speaker who does
not know English, as I cannot think of any limitations for using
Cyrillic resources in 9.1.

Of course, with the help of Virtual PC and sufficient RAM and disk
space, you can run any number of Windows OSes (95, 2000, XP...) on a
Mac, something that is not possible on a plain Windows system.  And
the firm that makes Virtual PC for the Mac also makes Virtual PC for
Windows, making this possible on a Windows PC. What you need, it
seems, would be "Virtual Mac" for the Mac.
--
-- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo. Phone +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
-- (this msg sent from home, +47/67148424, fax +1/5084372444)