How to make an iMac read Cyrillic

Kjetil Rå Hauge K.R.Hauge at EAST.UIO.NO
Wed Nov 13 13:49:16 UTC 2002

>Hello,
>
>I was recently contacted by two outstanding French researchers on Caucasus
>Prof. Robert Triomphe and Bernard Outtier, a researcher at CNRS.
>
>They could not configurate so far their Mac to read documents in cyrillic
>published on the Internet.
>Could anyone from the list give me a detailed procedure to fix this problem?

Have a look at <http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/rusmac/> for
detailed instructions. In addition: use Netscape 7.0 or Mozilla, as
Explorer for the Mac cannot handle Unicode (but other encodings
work). Uncheck "Allow documents to use other fonts" in
Preferences>Appearance>Fonts to avoid having Times New Roman forced
on you at some sites.
--
-- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo. Phone +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
-- (this msg sent from home, +47/67148424, fax +1/5084372444)