Leningrad

Simon Krysl sk5 at DUKE.EDU
Tue Nov 12 21:35:10 UTC 2002

Dear colleagues,
I am sorry to bother with a query to which the answer is likely simple
"no." But one never knows: and I am sure you all know of resorces one
usually doesn't came to. Does anyone know of an English translation of
Platonov's Vprok? I just can't believe there isn't one: even if I haven't
ever seen any such news.
Secondly (even if the above absence does make me quite hopeless) what
Platonov *short stories" would you recommend for the
collective-collectivization thematics?

So many thanks
Sincerely yours,
Simon Krysl

Simon Krysl
Graduate Program in Literature, Duke University
312 N Buchanan Blvd., #203 - Durham, NC 27701-1747
(919) 680-3144

Ich beherrsche nur die Sprache der andern. Die meinige macht mit mir, was sie will. Karl Krauss, Beim Wort Genommen, Werke III (Munchen, V. im Kosel, 1955), 326.

But everyone can get out of his skin,
because no one is wearing it yet.
(Principle of Hope, 927)