[Fwd: 13.2949, Jobs: Russian Ling: Asst Prof, Pomona College, CA]

Loren A. Billings billings at NCNU.EDU.TW
Thu Nov 14 07:40:40 UTC 2002

Here's an interesting job that's just as much slavic as the other
half. It might be of interest to those of you not subscribed to the
Linguist List; apologies to those of you who are.

Again, don't contact me. I'm just cross-posting the ad. --Loren

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: 13.2949, Jobs: Russian Ling: Asst Prof, Pomona College, CA
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:35:18 -0000
From: LINGUIST List <linguist at linguistlist.org>

[...]

-------------------------------- Message 1 --------------------------

Date:  Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:00:29 +0000
From:  lrudova at pomona.edu
Subject:  Russian & Slavic/Russian Linguistics: Asst Prof, Pomona
College, CA

University or Organization: Pomona College
Department: German & Russian/Linguistics - Cognitive Science
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Slavic/Russian Linguistics
Required Language(s): Russian (Code = RUS)

        Pomona College
        www.pomona.edu

Tenure-Track Position in Slavic/Russian Linguistics

The Department of German and Russian in conjunction with the
Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science at Pomona College
invites applications for a tenure-track position in Slavic/Russian
Linguistics at the Assistant Professor level, effective July 2003.

The successful candidate is expected to have a commitment to
undergraduate teaching in a small, nationally ranked liberal arts
college.  Active research and high-quality instruction are essential.
The college is seeking a linguist prepared to teach Russian language
at all levels as well as offer courses in the linguistics program.
The teaching load of 5 courses per year will be split evenly over a
two-year period between the two departments.

Area of specialization is open and teaching may include Introduction
to Linguistics and courses in the field of specialization.

Native or near-native proficiency in both English and Russian is
required.

All applicants must have their Ph.D. by Fall 2003.

Pomona College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  We especially
encourage applications from women and members of under-represented
groups.

Send a letter of application, CV, and three recommendation
letters to:

Larissa Rudova,
Chair, Russian/Linguistics Search Committee,
Department of German and Russian,
550 N. Harvard Ave., #216
Pomona College,
Claremont, CA 91711.
United States of America

Complete applications received by Tuesday, 10 December 2002 will be
given full consideration.  We expect to interview candidates at the
MLA Convention 27-30 December in New York and at the LSA meeting 2-5
January 2003 in Atlanta.

Address for Applications:

        Attn: Professor Larissa Rudova
        Pomona College,
        German & Russian Dept.
        550 N. Harvard Avenue, #216
        Claremont, CA 91711
        United States of America

        Applications are due by 10-Dec-2002

Contact Information:
        Professor Larissa Rudova.
        Email: lrudova at pomona.edu
        Tel: 909-621-8649
        Fax: 909-621-8065
        Website: http://www.pomona.edu

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!