translation question

Douglas Taylor douglas at SPEAKEASY.ORG
Mon Nov 18 22:25:54 UTC 2002

Without having good canonical resources around (like, say, a Louis
L'Amour novel translated into Russian), I would hazard the guess that a
reasonable construction (one that conveys the meaning, but does not
necessarily exist) could be made using some variant of khapat' or
spizhdit' with the noun padlo - since this relies on slang, it would
probably illustrate the idiomatic/uneducated flavor as well as the
actual intent.

--
"We are shaped and fashioned by what we love."
                        -- Goethe

AIM: ChiaSpod