New cyrilic odepage converter; scientific transliteration

Ruprecht von Waldenfels h0444tuv at RZ.HU-BERLIN.DE
Mon Nov 25 08:07:37 UTC 2002

Dear list,

since I always found conversion from/to Unicode and transliteration of cyrillic text
cumbersome, I wrote a small Java utitily that suits my needs.

Most importantly (kak mne kazhetsya), it will transliterate from any cyrillic coding to
scientific transliteration (that is, with hacheks) and output that file as either Czech text
or in Unicode.

It's not hard to use, but so far operates only on plain or HTML text.

I hope, other people will find it useful, too:
http://page.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waldenfe/CyrConv.ZIP

Ruprecht