Alert

Iskra Iskrova iiskrova at INDIANA.EDU
Fri Oct 4 15:43:22 UTC 2002

My computer detected the BugBear virus (in the "Yana" attachment) this
morning. Since I had updated my Norton virus definitions, the attachment
has been put in quarantine, in which case your computer is safe. For
those of you who haven't updated recently their virus definitions, you
can download from Symantec a tool that scans and fixes your computer
from the BugBear virus:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FxBgbear.exe

(download this file, run it, and click the Scan button. It will scan
your entire computer and tell you if you have been infected)

Iskra.

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Janneke van de Stadt
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 8:58 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Alert

Dear Colleagues,

I received an e-mail from some "irina at hotmail.com" with the subject
listed
as "Yana" and an attachment. It look like a harmless email from a
potential
colleague in some are of Slavic. If you receive such a message, get rid
of
it.  The attachment has a virus.  Thankfully our system picked it up.

Best,

Janneke

                  http://home.attbi.com/~lists/seelangs/