recent borrowings

Katherine M. Crosswhite crosswhi at LING.ROCHESTER.EDU
Sun Oct 6 00:41:30 UTC 2002

Dear SEELANGovtsy,

Can anyone give me some examples of *really* recent borrowings into Russian
that are commonly used with a stressed -a plural?  I already have the
Vorontsova article in the Zemskaja "Russkij jazyk kontsa XX stoletija
(1985-1995)" book, which gives some good examples, like snajpera,
kontejnera, and konvejera.  Please let me know if any other examples come
to mind.  The stressed -a plural is supposedly very productive, so I
imagine there should be quite a few new ones out there.  And I'm interested
in how people actually talk "on the street" (so to speak), so examples are
OK even if they are not embraced by the literary norm if they are commonly
used.

Thanks in advance!

Katherine.