Etakratiia

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU
Thu Oct 17 22:12:49 UTC 2002

You just fell a victim of a pun, and puns are a favorite entertainment in
Russia. "Eta" means "this" and "kratia" means "power."
So, it means "this power," i.e. "this government."
So, with a very close sound resemblance of "avtokratia," it is easy to
understand the connotation as well.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at acsu.buffalo.edu>