November 2002 AAASS National Convention information

Jolanta M. Davis jmdavis at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Wed Oct 23 19:02:30 UTC 2002

Subject: November 2002 AAASS National Convention information

REGISTRATION INFORMATION

If you are planning to come to the AAASS National Convention in Pittsburgh
(21-24 November 2002), and you have not yet pre-registered, you can still
fax in your registration form to 617-495-0680, by THIS FRIDAY, October 25.
The pre-registration form is available from AAASS Web site:
www.fas.harvard.edu/~aaass. You must include all necessary payment
information on the form: credit card number, credit card type, expiration
date, and name. If any information is missing, we will not be able to
process your form.

Registration forms and payments received after Friday, October 25, will be
returned, and you will have to register on site, and pay an additional
$15.00 ($5.00 if you're a student) for registering on site.

If you pre-register by this Friday, you will be able to pick up your badge
at the main registration desk in Pittsburgh, at the Hilton (our main
hotel). If you register on site, the badge will be generated for you on
site. You cannot attend the meetings without a badge.

HOTEL INFORMATION

If you have not yet booked your hotel for the AAASS Convention, please note
that BOTH THE HILTON AND THE OMNI HOTELS HAVE SOLD OUT. We have managed to
obtain a small number of hotel rooms at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center.
To book your room at Marriott, please call the hotel toll free at 1 888
456-6600 or use the direct line which is 412 471 4000 and ask for
reservations.  You may also fax a reservation to 412 394-1017 to the
attention of Linda Paris. Our special group rate is $99 per night.  You
must say you are with Slavic Studies to obtain this special rate.

FINAL PROGRAM

The final program in pdf format has been posted to our Web site. The
programs will also be available at the registration desk. Any last-minute
changes to the program will be included in the "Program Supplement."