Clarification (was 2002 Middlebury ...)

Loren A. Billings billings at NCNU.EDU.TW
Fri Sep 6 19:52:17 UTC 2002

Dear colleagues,

Another colleague, for whom I (also!) have
respect, wrote me the following off-list:

> Yeay, Loren!  Serves him right!
>
> (Have you been waiting all these years?)

I dare say, my response was meant to be frank
but in no way revenge. I humbly submit that
I learned quite a lot from Richard Robin's
example. I meant to get across that his own
style is direct but effective. I like that
even if I didn't enjoy the lessons themselves.
I trust this clarifies matters sufficiently.

Richard has also worked tirelessly to support
the _Golosa_ series, which he obviously really
believes in. I only hope that the stalwarts
of pedagogy in the field--Benjamin Rifkin also
comes to mind--will get to see a renaissance
in enrollments to equal their efforts to date.

Sincerely, --Loren

--
Loren A. Billings, Ph.D.
Associate professor of linguistics