Careless replies

Richard Robin rrobin at GWU.EDU
Fri Sep 6 21:00:02 UTC 2002

Dear Colleagues,

My thanks to Loren Billings for his compliment to my skills as a computer
user. But hitting REPLY and sending to the SEELANGS list is something that I
have done embarrassingly too often.

I have even tried to get the list owner, Alex Rudd, to change the list's way
of treating "REPLY," but have been effectively told that REPLY mistakes,
whether they result in innocent non-sequetors or embarrassing gaffes like
this afternoon's post, are the responsibility of the sender.

Mea culpa.

-Rich

Richard M. Robin, Chair
German and Slavic Department