enrollments query

Emily Tall mllemily at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Mon Sep 9 11:08:53 UTC 2002

Ben, I checked with my successor on students' reasons for beginning Russian.
There was only one heritage speaker; about 3 had taken related courses; about 5
had a Russian-speaking boy/girlfriend or relative (a notable increase and a new
source of interest); also, about 5 said they wanted to try something new (had
already studied French or Spanish) That doesn't cover the whole class (about 22)
but it gives you a good idea. Emily Tall.