Kentucky Foreign Language Conference

Cynthia A. Ruder raeruder at UKY.EDU
Tue Sep 24 12:35:14 UTC 2002

Dear Colleagues:

        The 56th Kentucky Foreign Language Conference will be held in
Lexington, KY at the University of Kentucky, 24-26 April 2003.
Perhaps the longest running conference for Foreign Language scholars,
the conference annually draws over 700 participants for panels in
Russian, German, French, Spanish, Luso-Brazilian, Italian, Classics,
and Linguistics.
        We invite, indeed encourage, you to submit abstracts or
entire panel proposals for the Slavic sections of the 2003
conference.  The theme of this year's conference is Border Crossings:
Textual, Visual, Multi-media.  Although this is the Conference theme,
papers and panels will be considered on literature, linguistics,
pedagogy, and culture.
        Please send a 1-page abstract or panel proposal by 10 NOVEMBER 2002 to

Cynthia Ruder
Division of Russian & Eastern Studies
raeruder at uky.edu   or    FAX 859-257-3743
(Electronic submissions are preferred.  The selection committee will
inform participants by 1 December 2002 of acceptance/denial of
proposals.)

        For further information about the conference, please visit
the web site at www.uky.edu/AS/KFLC
        We hope you will join us for what consistently is a friendly,
energizing, stimulating environment in which to share your latest
research and projects.  We look forward to welcoming you to Lexington
and to the Conference.  If you have questions, please do not hesitate
to contact me at raeruder at uky.edu.

Sincerely,  Cynthia Ruder

--
Cynthia A. Ruder, Associate Professor   859-257-7026
Director, Russian & Eastern Studies             859-257-3743 (fax)
University of Kentucky                  raeruder at uky.edu
1055 Patterson Office Tower
Lexington, KY  40506-0027