Donna Orwin dorwin at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Wed Sep 25 14:01:32 UTC 2002

Dear Jolanta,

I would appreciate your including the following announcement:

The Tolstoy Estate Museum at Iasnaia Poliana and the Tolstoy Museum in Moscow
are jointly sponsoring an international Tolstoy conference next summer in honour
of the 175th anniversary of the birth of L. N. Tolstoy.  The conference will
take place on consecutive days, from August 28 to September 4, in three
different locations – Iasnaia Poliana, Tula, and Moscow.
The dates and themes of each part of the conference are as follows:
August 28-30 – Iasnaia Poliana – “Tolstoy and World Literature”
August 31-September 1– Tula – “Problems in the Contemporary Study of Tolstoy”
September 3-4 – Moscow – “”Tolstoy and the Twentieth Century”
Participants are expected to give only one paper, and may attend all or part of
the conference.
For more information about the conference and how to attend it, see the Tolstoy
Web Site at www.tolstoystudies.org, or contact Donna Orwin at
donna.orwin at utoronto.ca.

On another matter entirely, could you let me know where AASS is going to be
meeting in 2004 and 2005?

Thanks,

Donna Orwin