Question on a saying

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Thu Sep 26 16:36:25 UTC 2002

>There is a Russian syaing that begins "Pivo bez vodky ..." .  Would
>anyone know the rest of this saying which implies that one drinks to
>enjoy and get drunk?  Thanks ahead of time---Jerry Sabo.

Пиво без водки, деньги на ветер. (Pivo bez vodki - den'gi na veter.) Which
means, I would say, that if you are drinking beer without vodka you are
wasting money (because you are not getting appropriately drunk).

Dear drinker, please correct me if I am wrong.

AI

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University
4400 Mass. Ave. NW