Question on a saying

Belianine Valeri vbelyanin at MTU.RU
Fri Sep 27 16:40:40 UTC 2002

Bonjour, Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
In my young years we added 1/10 of vodka to the beer.
And the saying is correct: _Pivo bex vodki - dengi na veter_
(beer without vodka is a waste of money)
Nowadays Ersh is not very popular: it is considered to be the
drink/curse:) of the working class.
Cordially, Val Belianine www.textology.ru