t.v. commercials?

Laura J. Olson Laura.J.Olson at COLORADO.EDU
Fri Aug 29 01:45:09 UTC 2003

Dear List Members,
        Does anyone have any ideas about where a student of mine could obtain
video copies of contemporary Russian television commercials? She'd like to
do her honors thesis on depictions of gender roles in commercials.
        We haven't been able to find streaming video with commmercials on the
'web, and we haven't found a commercially produced tape (there is one with
East European commercials, though). Our university gets Scola and the
International channel, but none of the Russian programs on those seems to
have commercials.
        Thanks for any ideas or leads.
        --Laura Olson

Laura J. Olson