English teachers

Anne Hruska hruskaan at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 29 17:57:17 UTC 2003

Dear Seelangers:

A friend of mine who teaches at the Language Center
for English and German in Saratov asked me to post the
following.  They're looking for a native speaker of
English who can teach a light load (somewhere in the
range of 10 hours a week) give monthly seminars, and
answer all the native-speaker questions that come up.

They would give the teacher a place to stay, either in
a dormitory or in a family, and a salary of 50 euros a
month.  (This would pay for food, but not much else.)
They need people for fall semester
(9/8/2003-12/24/2003) and for spring semester
(2/9/2004-5/24/2004).  While some college study is
expected, the candidate does not need a degree. So
this might be an option for students who want to live
independently in Russia for a while.

I know some of the people who work there, and think
highly of them as teachers and as people.

If you have any other questions about the school,
write off-list to sargi at pags.renet.ru, or visit
http/www.slz-saratov.ru.  (And if you have questions
about Saratov itself, I'd be happy to answer them.)

Yours,

Anne Hruska