Cyrillic fonts

Kjetil Rå Hauge k.r.hauge at EAST.UIO.NO
Tue Dec 16 22:32:09 UTC 2003

At 16:08 -0500 16-12-03, Lynne deBenedette wrote:
>[...]

>As for stress marks: I tend not to use the stress mark for stresses, because
>1) it¹s hard to find in some fonts; 2) it¹s a pain to get documents to
>display correctly when I put my materials onto the web, so I underline
>stressed consonants instead; that seems to work for my students just as
>well.

Unicode includes combining diacritics. Have a
look at:
<http://www.hf.uio.no/east/bulg/tests/uctest.html>.
It displays correctly in Safari and Camino, but
with trailing accents in Mozilla 1.3 (the latest
version seems to be 1.6b, where this may be
corrected).

Combining diacritics function in Mellel ( word
processor) as well. Haven't tried Nisus.
--
--- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo. Tel. +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
--- (this msg sent from home, +47/67148424, fax +1/5084372444)