Fonts & Word Processing

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Wed Dec 17 02:07:32 UTC 2003

If any SEELANGers use Nisus Writer Express with Cyrillic and find it
works well, please pipe up.  Can this program open and edit documents
created with MS Word?  Can Word and WordPerfect users (on both
Macintosh and PC) open documents created by Nisus Writer Express?

Looking at the Nisus Writer Express website (www.nisus.com/Express/), I
see that the software does not support footnotes or endnotes at
present:  this would mean for me that materials I create for the
classroom could be done in Nisus, but scholarly papers would need to be
done in MS Word.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

With best wishes to all,

BR

Benjamin Rifkin
Professor and Chair, UW-Madison Slavic Dept.
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706 USA
Voice (608) 262-1623; Fax (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic