font & keyboard query

Brian Felt, Dr bfelt at EMORY.EDU
Wed Dec 17 12:46:08 UTC 2003

Greetings.

I've encountered the same problem in Word X in OS X: when switching from English
to Cyrillic with the Apple-Spacebar toggle option it just starts typing
underscores instead of Cyrillic.

A quick and easy solution is to save the document right before you switch from
your English font to Cyrillic--just press Apple-S before you switch back,
assuming your document is in a save-able state, and the Cyrillic comes out just
fine.

It's an odd work-around, but it's rather quick and has worked for me--at least
until Micro$oft fixes their software; something for which I'm not holding my
breath.

Brian Felt

Emory University
Atlanta, Georgia