SCREENPLAYS

Stephan Harris StephanH at DCEMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 21 16:42:55 UTC 2003

In response to a few recent messages regarding scripts for Russian movies, I used to find VAAP helpful in obtaining screenplays. Many published screenplays, though, and nearly all "kinopovesti" differ from the working script that is actually used in the filming. The best "actual script" that I have seen for Russian cinema is the book version of Kalina Krasnaia, transcribed and annotated by Robert Mann. It is a stressed reader with both the published "kinopovest'" and a precise transcript of all the dialogue in the movie. A great resource for advanced Russian classes. It was published by Corvus, but I have usually ordered it from The Birchbark Press of Karacharovo. I think EastView has it, too.
  Stephan Harris