Karenina Numismatics?

kirill postoutenko postout at USC.EDU
Tue Feb 4 17:31:44 UTC 2003

As far as coins are concerned, the most reputable illustrated source known to me is the book of V.V.Uzdennikov 'Russian Coins. 1700-1917'. Moscow, 1992 (at the beginning it has a helpful survey of the Russian monetary system).

Regarding paper money: I am not aware of any comprehensive illustrated catalogue in English. In Russian, I would recommend the book: A.E. Mikhaelis, L.A.Kharlamov. Bumazhnye den'gi Rossii. Saint-Petersburg, 1993. In German/Russian, there is also Nikolai Kardakov's 'Katalog der Geldscheine von Russland un der Baltischen Staaten' (Berlin, 1953).

Kirill Postoutenko