WWI poems

Michael Denner mdenner at STETSON.EDU
Tue Feb 11 14:46:15 UTC 2003

Dear SEELANGers,

I received the following query. If you can help, please respond directly to
Dr. Timothy Brown, Timothy_Brown at dpsk12.org:

***

I am a composer currently engaged in a project of chamber pieces for
soprano, oboe, violin, viola, cello, and piano.  I am using poems of WWI
soldiers as the texts for this group of works.  Currently complete are works
by Belgian, British, American, Canadian, and Italian soldiers, with a German
work in progress.  I would like as well to include a poem by a Russian WWI
soldier, say 12-20 lines or so, in the cycle.  My intention is to set the
piece in Russian, but since I do not speak Russian, I am wondering if you
have any pieces to suggest.  If there are poems you could suggest, and
translations thereof, I should be delighted to learn of them so that I can
continue this project in its full international in scope outline.

Dr. Timothy Brown
Glendale, Colorado
***

<><><><><><><><><><><><>