Ukrainian visa

Dietmar Hochmuth dietmar at STANFORD.EDU
Mon Feb 24 07:31:06 UTC 2003

Dear Gabriella (privet, BTW),

You can "buy" an invitation, this is just one more fee and the cake is being
shared between the state and "private issuers" of those needless papers...
For research you need a business visa and a special business invitation. But
this is all about money: So don't tell anybody and ask/buy a "private
invitation".

Indeed to go for the visa through a consulate is cheaper than through some
dubious joint ventures of the same consulate and private "kontory" on the
internet... (To get a visa within 3 days from them you have to spend too
much money; they call it "blits-viza")... You can handle this all via FedEx
(without any "ochered'") and within a reasonable timeframe. Same thing as in
Russia, as far as I know: pretty bizarre...

Best wishes,
Dietmar (sorry for my English)
http://www.stanford.edu/~dietmar/