Model 20th-century Russian/Soviet saints' lives in fiction

Svitlana Kobets svitlana at 411.CA
Mon Feb 24 21:18:49 UTC 2003

Dear Nicole,

You can refer to Margaret Ziolkowski's "Hagiography and Modern Russian
Literature."

Another good secondary source is Marcia Morris's "Saints and
Revolutionaries: the ascetic hero in Russian Literature."

If you are interested in Post-Soviet examples, take a look at Victor
Pelevin's "Hermit & Six-Toes" and Svetlana Vasilenko's "Little Fool." The
last one is a novel but it is very short. Both pieces have been recently
published in English.

Good luck with your course!

Svitlana