Model 20th-century Russian/Soviet saints' lives in fiction

Mark Leiderman Mark.Leiderman at COLORADO.EDU
Mon Feb 24 21:28:13 UTC 2003

I'd suggest  Stalin's (auto)biography,  "Matryona'Home" by Solzhenitsyn,
and "Moscow to the End of the Line" by Venedikt Erofeev as a subverted version.

Best,
Mark

At 02:04 PM 2/24/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Dear Seelangers:
>
>For a course on the development and adaptation of the hagiographic genre
>in Russian literature and culture, I'm looking for 20th-century versions
>(inversions?) of the genre in 20th-century Russian/Soviet/post-Soviet
>fiction.I'm looking for short works (preferably short stories) that
>exist in English translation. All suggestions will be most welcome.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Nicole
>
>*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
>Dr.  Nicole Monnier
>Assistant Professor of Russian
>German & Russian Studies
>University of Missouri
>Columbia, MO  65211

>                  http://home.attbi.com/~lists/seelangs/

Mark Leiderman (Lipovetsky)
Assistant Professor of Russian,
Department of Germanic and Slavic Langs and Lits
University of Colorado at Boulder
UCB 276, Boulder, CO 80309
Tel.: (303) 492-7957 (of.)  (303) 786-0947 (home)
Fax: (303) 492-53-76