New Russian Life initiative

Cosentini, Mary Anne macos at CONNCOLL.EDU
Thu Feb 27 14:04:46 UTC 2003

Dear Paul,
Forgive me for getting back to you only now regarding your most generous
offer. Our college (Connecticut College) subscribes to Russian Life and I
know for a fact that our students enjoy your magazine.  I was very happy to
have been able to distribute the magazines that you sent me back in October
to my students.  They were very pleased.
I would very much like to participate in your initiative.  As of today, I
will only be teaching one course next year,  Russian 101.  This year we have
what is for our college a large group: 10 students. I do not know whether
the people teaching Russian 202 would want to encorporate Russian Life into
their classroom work; in second year we try to start the students reading
texts in Russian (and they have access to the magazine in the library).
Could I possibly contact you in September and let you know how many students
are enrolled?
I would use Russian Life as a "carrot" and we would discuss one article per
month.  I already encorporate culture into my classes (art, music, folklore,
fairytales) and I would adapt my culture curriculum according to the
material in your magazine.
Again, forgive me for not getting back to you sooner.  I think that your
offer is very generous and I'm sure that it will be very effective.
Sincerely,
Mary Anne Cosentini