A Russian Amazon?

ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Jul 9 07:21:20 UTC 2003

Does anyone on the list know if there is a reliable on-line Russian
bookseller equivalent to Amazon or Barnes and Noble, with timely mailing,
etc. We are leaving shortly for 2 months of travel, and I would like to
take with some Russian language reading--I prefer classics or
potboilers/crime/sci fi, not contemporary "literature".  Preferably
paperback--those clunky soviet editions are too big for carry-on.  Please
respond offline either to JFLEVIN at ucrac1.ucr.edu, or ameliede at earthlink.net
Jules Levin
Professor emeritus, UCLA