electronic Pushkin corpora

David Powelstock powelstock at ALUMNI.PRINCETON.EDU
Sat Jul 12 14:25:07 UTC 2003

I am reposting the following, both in answer to this specific query and as
a reminder in general of this superb web resource.  (You will find the
full, searchable text of the most important 20th-c. scholarly editions of
Pushkin, as well as texts of vital secondary works.):

Dear SEELANGERs, I want to draw your attention to the most remarkable web
resource for the study of Russian literature I have ever
seen, "Fundamental'naia elektronnaia biblioteka russkoi literatury i
fol'klora" (http://feb-web.ru/index.htm). It is a growing, fully searchable
database that includes both primary texts and the best secondary sources
for each author/subject. Only a few author databases are working at this
point, including those for Pushkin, Lermontov, Griboedov, Boratynskii,
Batiushkov, Esenin--but they are adding stuff all the time. I've been
working with the Lermontov database, and it is hard to exaggerate how
wonderful a tool this is. A few highlights:

--the database includes several of the most important editions of
Lermontov's works, as well as a sizable collection of the most important
Lermontov scholarship--some of these volumes are quite hard to find
in "hard copy"

--all of the texts are given with the original pagination (for purposes of
citations) and include all footnotes in hypertext format

--the databases are fully searchable with the powerful Yandex search
engine, including all Boolean operators plus some other wonderful search
syntax

--there are placeholders for planned authors & texts, so you can see what's
ahead for the site

--the site's authors maintain a guest book, which they actively monitor,
posting thoughtful responses to requests and comments

It's really phenomenal. If Russian literature is your field, you simply
must check it out.