Odd Russian Religious Sect

Douglas Greenfield dmg33 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Thu Jul 24 19:20:00 UTC 2003

Florensky, following Gregory of Nyssa (e.g. On the Making of Man),
discusses resurrecting the entire body from a single nail
clipping. On the general question of body parts and wholes in
Orthodox thought, Gail Lenhoff has a fascinating article on relic
cults in Kievan Rus' and Muscovy (in one of the California Slavic
Studies volumes).

Best,
Doug