Unicode test

Kenneth Brostrom ad5537 at WAYNE.EDU
Wed Jun 11 19:47:14 UTC 2003

Dear Paul Gallagher,

   I'm replying, hoping that the errors I encountered will be
preserved when you receive this note.  (Being very specific would be
a problem.)  I'm using Eudora 4.7, with the Apple 9.2.2 operating
system.  The cyrillic came through well, except thaat the third and
fourth lines have a question mark where the hard sign should be.
There are problems in the first two groups in line 6 and in lines
8-10.

>Dear colleagues,
>
>I'm trying to pin down the source of a problem I'm having sending and
>receiving Unicode characters, which may have nothing at all to do with me.
>
>If you have a Unicode-aware email program:
>
>Do the following alphabets appear correct and intact to you? If not,
>which letters are garbled (appear as boxes, question marks, etc.)?
>
>ÄÅÇÉÑÖðÜáàäãåçéèPëíìîïñóòôöõúùûü
>Ä Å Ç É Ñ Ö ð Ü á à ä ã å ç é è P ë í ì î ï ñ ó ò ô ö õ ú ù û ü
>
>ý·’“”ÂÞÊÁËÍÎÏÌÓԕÒÚÛٞ–—¯˜?š¸›œþ
>ý · ’ “ ” Â Þ Ê Á Ë Í Î Ï Ì Ó Ô • Ò Ú Û Ù ž – — ¯ ˜ ? š ¸ › œ þ
>
>Same question for the following characters:
>
>(160)    ¡¢£?¥†§ ¨©ª«¬-®¯                °±
½´µ¶·        *º»‰ˆ¿
>(192)   ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇ        ÈÉ`ËÌÍÎÏ        ÐÑÒÓÔÕփ        ØÙÚÛÜÝþß
>(224)   `áâãäåæç        èéêëìíîï        ðñòóôõö÷        øùúûüýÞÿ
>
>(160)    ˜??Aœ†§ ¨©S¸«¬-®Z™                °±œ?´µ¶·        ¸aœs¸»L›lz™
>(192)   R´ÁÂA˜ÄL´C´Ç        CÉEœËEÍÎD        ?N´NÓÔO›Ö¥
>RUšÚU›ÜÝT¸ß
>(224)   r´áâa˜äl´c´ç        céeœëeíîd        ?n´nóôo›ö÷
>rušúu›üýt¸™
>
>Please reply privately. It will help if you specify your email program,
>including version, and your operating system (platform), including version.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>--
>War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
>--
>Paul B. Gallagher
>pbg translations, inc.
>"Russian Translations That Read Like Originals"
>http://pbg-translations.com

>                  http://home.attbi.com/~lists/seelangs/

Kenneth Brostrom
Assoc. Prof. of Russian