every program matters

Palace, Gwendolyn Palacgw at TULSASCHOOLS.ORG
Fri May 2 14:32:56 UTC 2003

Could you write a letter to my Principal Dr. Boyles talking about the
importance to keep HS Russian programs.  I teach levels 1-6 and have been
very successful with students passing the International Baccalaureate
Russian Exam.  Most of my students go on to study Russian at major
universities.  My enrollment has hovered around 25-30 and I have not been
able to increase it. However during the time of current financial crisis and
budget cuts, our Russian program is in danger.  They are going to lump all
my students in one class.  Please write a letter in support so this may be
adverted.  It is vital that Russian 1 students NOT be lumped together with
other more advanced students.  IT is not fair to them or the other students.
But then again, they may just eliminate the program altogether.

Thank you

*** This  message is being sent via property belonging to Tulsa Public
Schools and is subject to monitoring.  Therefore, there is no expectation of
privacy nor confidentiality regarding these communications.

Gwen Palace
Russian Language / World History
Booker T. Washington High School
1631 E. Woodrow Place